Casual Chefs, Commercial Cooks, & Kitchen hands at Suncorp Stadium | O'Brien Group Australia
Casual Chefs, Commercial Cooks and Kitchen hands at Suncorp Stadium | O'Brien Group Australia
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
About the Company
For over 25 years, O'Brien Group has operated within Australasia's premier venues. O’Brien Group Australia is a fully integrated company that owns and operates within major Australian and New Zealand stadiums and arenas. It also holds a significant property portfolio of boutique hotels and key heritage listed hotels. In recent years O’Brien Group has expanded its operations and portfolio to include full scale venue management, ticketing, festivals, licensed clubs, hotels, live entertainment, media and venture capital. Today with over 6,500 employees, 16 million customers served on an annual basis and a host of exciting new ventures, O’Brien Group continues to be an innovative market leader in Australasia.
Nicknamed “The Cauldron” due to the passionate and vocal supporters who enter the venue, Suncorp Stadium is one of the world’s greatest rectangular stadiums.
Home to the Brisbane Broncos, Queensland Reds and the Brisbane Roar, the stadium holds a special place in the heart of all Queensland sporting fans.
The venue, which has a capacity of 52,500, has hosted high calibre events from the NRL State of Origin to international artists such as Cold Play, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Ed Sheeran and the `Phil Collins `I'm not dead' Tour! Suncorp Stadium hosts 50 sporting and entertainment events each year, attracting more than 1.2 million fans annually.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for highly motivated, creative and passionate casual Chefs and Commercial Cooks who have exceptional cooking standards and a "can do" approach to cooking.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A hands-on approach to work
- Experience in mid-week production
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to be open to new ideas as dictated by the Executive and Sous Chef
- Flexibility to work mid-week and event days
- Exceptional food quality and food safety knowledge
- Trade qualifications (or equivalent)
- Own knives and uniform
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a`team player’ and be able to work closely with the entire kitchen and front of house staff
We are also looking for experienced kitchen hands who can assist the kitchen brigade mid-week and on event days.
What can we offer you?
As part of the kitchen brigade, you will deliver innovative and creative food whilst contributing to a team of professionals providing outstanding guest experiences.
This is a casual role (approx. 20 hours per week) and will require you to work a flexible roster including weekend work.
Applications close; 28th February, 2019
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account), then click Next.
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.