Retail Staffing Coordinator | O'Brien Group Australia
Retail Staffing Coordinator | The Gabba (O'Brien Group Australia)
About the Company
For over 25 years, O'Brien Group has operated within Australasia's premier venues. O’Brien Group Australia is a fully integrated company that owns and operates within major Australian and New Zealand stadiums and arenas. It also holds a significant property portfolio of boutique hotels and key heritage listed hotels.
Today with over 6,500 employees, 16 million customers served on an annual basis and a host of exciting new ventures, O’Brien Group continues to be an innovative market leader in Australasia.
The Gabba is an icon of the Brisbane sporting landscape and is home to the Brisbane Lions AFL team and the Queensland Bulls state cricket team.
The 42,000 seat stadium boasts unrestricted views of the field from all areas of the venue, making it the ideal location to host international sporting events.
While the stadium has hosted almost every popular sport, the Gabba is first and foremost the home of Test cricket in Queensland, and has played host to countless international Tests and One-Day cricket series. Recently the Gabba has hosted sold out concerts including Adele and Taylor Swift.
About the Role
Based at The Gabba, the Retail Staffing Coordinator is part of the close knit staffing team and supports Retail Operations through effective use of rostering systems (`Inzenius') coupled with friendly and timely communication to all retail team members.
This position is highly administrative and is responsible for filling and confirming retail shifts as well as maintaining and updating systems to reflect team member skills and competencies. In addition to administrative tasks, you will also be required to take a hands on approach with the operational part of the role.
This dynamic position will suit an individual who has flexible availability. As the Retail department is heavily event based, the successful candidate must have availability to work weekdays and be available to work event days that take place over the weekend.
You will be a team player who is a competent multi-tasker with a strong work ethic and can make decisions quickly. Our ideal candidate will have a positive, enthusiastic 'can-do' attitude and a desire to take on new challenges. A staffing role in similar sized stadium or venue would be well considered.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be constantly forward planning, remaining highly organised and process driven
- Genuinely customer focused with an exceptional telephone manner
- Highly self motivated and enthusiastic
- Work towards and meet demanding deadlines
- Flexibility and capability to reprioritise workload as required
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook/Excel)
- Recruitment background and payroll experience would be highly desirable
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account), then click Next.
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.