Food & Beverage Operations Coordinator
Adelaide Showground, Adelaide
A unique and exciting opportunity for a Food & Beverage Operations Coordinator at Adelaide Showground is now available
Food & Beverage Operations Coordinator
Location: Wayville, Adelaide
Venue: Adelaide Showground
About the Company
O’Brien Group Australia is Australia and New Zealand’s largest privately owned hospitality and Leisure Company. Celebrating its 25th year, O’Brien Group is an integrated company with multiple contracts including venue and facilities management, food and beverage operations, leisure resorts, licensed clubs, hotels, restaurants and ticketing. It has also built up a formidable property portfolio of key sites within Australia.
Today with over 6,500 dedicated and passionate employees, 16 million customers served on an annual basis and a host of exciting new ventures, O’Brien Group continues to build and maintain its many long-term relationships with major sporting stadia and leisure venues.
About the Opportunity
The Adelaide Showground is Adelaide's largest multi-purpose venue which offers spectacular event spaces and quality visitor facilities.
The Food & Beverage Operations Coordinator's key tasks and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Liaise with all casual employees
- Create, manage and complete staff rosters for all public food and beverage outlets
- Forecast and maintain budgeted labour costs and identify potential areas for improvement
- Maintain quality and accuracy of all employee records (including data entry)
- Recruit, induct, train and manage casual staff in accordance with business requirements
- Ensure all casual employees remain compliant with regulations (RSA, Visas etc)
- Distribute and monitor all uniforms for casual staff
- Manage and oversee all aspects of public event planning and operations, including implementing processes and strategies that improve efficiency, compliance, safety and profitability
- Provide written and verbal reports detailing the success of events as well as regular 'work in progress' reporting
- Coordinate event set-up and pack-up
- Contribute to menu planning and menu tailoring to special events
- Duty management responsibilities of events
- Cash and stock management (including analysis of stock sheet data, stock controls, and ordering)
- Ensure work health and safety, food hygiene, and liquor licensing practices are compliant and are upheld
- Budget and cost control
- Comprehensive understanding of POS and associated IT systems
- Administrative tasks including report writing
Please note: This is not an Event Management role to oversee operations; rather, this is a hands-on and 'on-the-ground' logistics and operations role involving the active coordination of all aspects of events run by O’Brien Group at the Adelaide Showground.
You will have proven experience in a similar role and share our passion for creating amazing events and delivering exceptional customer service to all guests. Additionally, you will have a strategic focus on developing and delivering the logistical and operational plans for food and beverage events at the Adelaide Showground.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate problem solving capabilities as well as the ability to effectively manage workloads with competing demands. You will need to get 'hands-on' as this role requires strong practical abilities to oversee, prepare, plan and execute events, as well as the requirement to undertake desk-based work as required. To be considered for the role you will have proven success in people management including recruitment, rostering (`Inzenius') and leading a team.
A current driver’s licence, Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate are essential, along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook/Excel). The role involves weekend and evening work therefore a flexible approach to working hours is mandatory. Previous experience in hospitality in a similar sized venue would be advantageous.
What we Offer
In return for your experience and can-do approach you will be recognised with an attractive remuneration package.
Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we aim to develop the potential of every team member. Enjoy going to work each day experiencing the sights and sounds of a large venue setting and be part of a high performing team behind some of Australia’s most talked-about events!
This is a role that provides excellent professional development and ongoing training with a growing organisation.
Applications close: 17th February, 2019
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position:
- Complete the information below, as requested (please use an individualised email address as using another person's may effect your application, if you do not have one please follow this link to create a Gmail account), then click Next.
- Attach a resume. Please note this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.